Welcome to “The Alone Endless Sunday Afternoon of the Year,” this aback today seamlessly block into a additional day area tomorrow’s Labor Day offers an added allowance of golf, alone time on a beach berth or administration added giggles with those we love. There’s the benefit of an added afternoon nap, this afore alike added alkali coleslaw, potato salad, lots of algid amazon slices, and the splendors from the grill.
It is in during such a hopeful accompaniment of calm and quiet and amore I assurance you’ll acquiesce me to allotment a breakable annual of accord amid two men who today are in the autumn of their lives. You’ll anon see God has abiding for them to accept an apparent adulation for one another, and for all flesh as well.
Most unfortunately, these canicule aback we apprehend of men who are in adulation with added men – the aforementioned with women – our angled association thinks alone of sex – what else, according to our tabloids. But, no! The bigger actuality is that in able-bodied over 90 percent of advantageous same-gender relationships anniversary person’s “agape love” is patiently aloof for those of the adverse sex, their alliance mates, and the ancestors ethics that are additionally and actual appropriately a God-sent blessing.
I aboriginal abstruse this story, hardly by accident to those of us who accept in ‘God Things’. I had visited with my son and his adorable academy accompany in Philadelphia, this in 1996 or 1997. That abutting morning, I bent the alternation out of Penn Base into New York. I apprehend an commodity advantaged “Old Friends” in a alone Columbia University alumni annual of some array larboard in the seat-back in advanced of me. I cried. You may too aback you apprehend this admirable story.
It is about two roommates. Sanford, the son of a poor Jewish “rags to bones” family, was a bullpen on Columbia’s baseball team. Arthur was from a wealthier Jewish family, majoring in architecture. His allowance was a tenor articulation and once, Sanford wrote during his apprentice year, he was in “awe” of the way his acquaintance could sing the Jewish black prayers as he sat in the windowsill while afterglow achromatic over the campus.
* * *
A PROLOGUE TO THE STORY OF A FRIENDSHIP
* — ROOMMATE NO. 1 is Sanford Greenberg, who aback he was stricken with abrupt eye abortion in the seventh inning of a bold during his inferior year, was diagnosed with abrupt access glaucoma and fled the university to his ancestors home in Buffalo. Surgery that winter failed, and Sanford was anon absolutely blind. He banned to see anyone, was absolutely devastated, but alike more, he was absolutely destroyed. That’s aback his above roommate, Arthur, belted in, unannounced. “Garfunkel came up to Buffalo anyway. “I don’t appetite to talk,” Greenberg argument with bitterness. “Sandy,” said his roommate. “You MUST talk.” That weekend, the acquaintance assertive Sanford to try, able he would apprehend Greenberg his lessons, get him to class, absolutely booty affliction of him. Afterwards graduation, Greenberg got his MBA from Columbia and a PhD from Harvard. He affiliated his girlfriend, Sue; was a White House adolescent in the Johnson administration; and went on to become a acknowledged artist and businessman. “Sandy,” at one point, was administrator of the Board of Trustees at Johns Hopkins, okay? Today Sanford Greenberg is additionally a acceptable philanthropist and several years ago appear a antagonism of sorts area this December he will accolade $3 actor award-winning (his own money) to the researcher or researching accumulation that has done the best to aftermath a cure for blindness.
* — ROOMMATE NO. 2 – “Arthur,” the one with the tenor voice, is absolutely Art Garfunkel, who already became an artist but anon alone it to chase his affection in music. He came beyond a songwriter alleged Paul Simon and in 1964, the two developed a song that was entitled, “The Sounds of Silence.” Neither had the money to bounce the song, so Arthur, in his panic, alleged his academy acquaintance to see if he could borrow the $400 it would take. Sanford and his wife had $404 in their blockage annual and Sanford didn’t wince. “Sure. How can I get it to you?” The song was such a bomb Simon & Garfunkel briefly split. Greenberg still insisted, “I’d accord it to you again.” Some months afterwards a assembly ability (Tom Wilson) remixed the track, overdubbing electric instruments and drums, with a gospel-music flavor, and aural three months The Sound of Silence was the No. 1 hit the apple over.
* — THE SOUND OF SILENCE – Aback Art Garfunkel would accomplishment with his studies every night, he would activate his comatose acquaintance with the words, “Darkness is accessible to apprehend to you again.” And that Garfinkel would do. Now you apperceive why, aback the song begins, the aboriginal words Art Garfunkel sings are: “Hello darkness, my old acquaintance … I’ve appear to allocution with you again.” On Rolling Stones’ annual of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time,” the song is No. 48 and it is believed it may be the No. 1 song to be recorded by so abounding artists – Elvis Presley, Aretha Franklin, Johnny Cash and 100s more. To apprehend Simon and Garfunkel’s adaptation from a Central Park concert, as over 60 actor already have! — amuse CLICK HERE.
* — SIMON & GARFUNKEL TODAY – Accept it or not, both singers are now 78 years old. Their song, “Sounds of Silence,” was the featured clue in the movie, “The Graduate,” which aboriginal appeared in cine theaters in 1967 … yes, 53 years ago (!) and its star, Dustin Hoffman, is today 83 years old. You may anamnesis that in the blur adolescent Benjamin was absorbed by Anne Bancroft (who died in 2005 at age 73) and Ben afterwards fell in adulation with a adolescent Katharine Ross, who today is 80! Simon and Garfunkel had amazing hits with Mrs. Robinson, The Boxer, and – of advance – Bridge over Troubled Water (1970). To apprehend Art Garfunkel sing this in the Central Park Concert, as over 17 actor YouTube had, amuse CLICK HERE.
* — THE BOOK – In June of this year, Sanford Greenberg appear a book about his activity to advanced acclaim. It will appear as no abruptness that the book is entitled, “Hello Darkness, My Old Friend: How Daring Dreams and Unyielding Accord Turned One Man’s Amaurosis into an Amazing Eyes for Life.” The Advanced in the book is accounting by Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg. The ‘Final Word’ is accounting by Margaret Atwood, but the Introduction is accounting by Acquaintance No. 2 – Arthur. It is a best-seller on Amazon.
* * *
THE FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN MALCOM & ARTHUR
(No columnist is accustomed with this adaptation that is bouncing beyond the Internet)
It is one of the admired songs of all time. Simon and Garfunkel’s hit ‘The Sound of Silence’ topped the US archive and went platinum in the UK.
It was alleged amid the 20 best performed songs of the 20th century, included in Rolling Stones’ 500 Greatest Songs of All Time, and provided the acclaimed soundtrack to 1967 blur archetypal ‘The Graduate.’ But to one man ‘The Sound of Silence’ agency abundant added than aloof a No 1 song on the radio with its agitating aperture lines: “Hello Black my old friend, I’ve appear to allocution with you again.”
Sanford “Sandy” Greenberg is Art Garfunkel’s best friend, and reveals in a affective new memoir, alleged afterwards that lyric, that the song was a affecting accolade to their constant bond, and the singer’s cede that adored Sandy’s activity aback he accidentally absent his sight.
“He aerial me out of the grave,” says Sandy, age-old 79, who recounts his attempt into abrupt blindness, and how Art Garfunkel’s affectionate adherence gave him acumen to alive again.
Sandy and Arthur, as Art was again known, met during their aboriginal anniversary as acceptance at the celebrated Columbia University in New York.
“A adolescent man cutting an Argyle sweater and corduroy pants and albino beard with a aggregation cut came over and said, ‘Hi, I’m Arthur Garfunkel’,” Sandy recalls.
They became roommates, bonding over a aggregate aftertaste in books, poetry, and music.
“Every night Arthur and I would sing. He would comedy his guitar and I would be the DJ. The air was consistently abounding with music.”
“Still teenagers, they fabricated a alliance to consistently be there for anniversary added in times of trouble. If one was in extremis, the added would appear to his rescue,” says Sandy.
They had no abstraction their affiance would be activated so soon. Aloof months later, Sandy recalls: “I was at a baseball bold and aback my eyes became blurred and my eyes became unhinged. Shortly afterwards that black descended.”
Doctors diagnosed conjunctivitis, acceptable it would pass. But canicule afterwards Sandy went blind, and doctors accomplished that glaucoma had destroyed his optic nerves. Sandy was the son of a rag-and-bone man. His family, Jewish immigrants in Buffalo, New York, had no money to advice him, so he alone out of college, gave up his dream of acceptable a lawyer, and plunged into depression.
“I wouldn’t see anyone, I aloof banned to allocution to anybody,” says Sandy. “And again accidentally Arthur flew in, adage he had to allocution to me. He said, ‘You’re gonna’ appear back, aren’t you?’ “I said: ‘No. There’s no believable way.’
“He was appealing insistent, and assuredly said, ‘Look, I don’t anticipate you get it. I charge you aback there. That’s the alliance we fabricated together: we would be there for the added in times of crises. I will advice you’.”
Together they alternate to Columbia University, area Sandy became abased on Garfunkel’s support. Art would airing Sandy to class, cast his wounds aback he fell, and alike abounding out his alum academy applications.
Garfunkel alleged himself “Darkness” in a appearance of empathy. The accompanist explained: “I was saying, ‘I appetite to be calm area you are, in the black’.”
Sandy recalls: “He would appear in and say, ‘Darkness is activity to apprehend to you now.’
“Then he would booty me to chic and back. He would booty me about the city. He adapted his absolute activity so that it would board me.”
Garfunkel would allocution about Sandy with his high-school acquaintance Paul Simon, from Queens, New York, as the folk-rock duo struggled to barrage their agreeable careers, assuming at bounded parties and clubs.
Though Simon wrote the song, the lyrics to The Sound of Silence are alloyed with Garfunkel’s benevolence as Darkness, Sandy’s old friend.
Guiding Sandy through New York one day, as they stood in the all-inclusive forecourt of alive Grand Central Station, Garfunkel said that he had to leave for an assignment, abandoning his dark acquaintance alone in the rush-hour crowd, terrified, barrier and falling. “I cut my forehead” says Sandy.
“I cut my shins. My socks were bloodied. I had my easily out and bumped into a woman’s breasts. It was a abominable activity of abashment and humiliation.
“I started active forward, animadversion over coffee cups and briefcases, and assuredly I got to the bounded alternation to Columbia University. It was the affliction brace of hours in my life.”
Back on campus, he bumped into a man, who apologized.
“I knew that it was Arthur’s voice,” says Sandy. “For a moment I was enraged, and again I accepted what happened: that his colossally insightful, ablaze yet berserk chancy action had worked.”
Garfunkel had not alone Sandy at the station, but had followed him the absolute way home, watching over him.
“Arthur knew it was alone aback I could prove to myself I could do it that I would accept absolute independence,” says Sandy. “And it worked, because afterwards that I acquainted that I could do anything.
“That moment was the atom that acquired me to alive a absolutely altered life, afterwards fear, afterwards doubt. For that I am abundantly beholden to my friend.”
Sandy not alone accelerating but went on to abstraction for a master’s amount at Harvard and Oxford.
While in Britain he accustomed a buzz alarm from his acquaintance – and with it the adventitious to accumulate his ancillary of their pact.
Garfunkel capital to bead out of architectonics academy and almanac his aboriginal anthology with Paul Simon but explained: “I charge $400 to get started.”
Sandy, by again affiliated to his aerial academy sweetheart, says: “We had $404 in our accepted account. I said, ‘Arthur, you will accept your cheque.’ “It was an burning reaction, because he had helped me restart my life, and his appeal was the aboriginal time that I had been able to alive up to my bisected of our austere covenant.”
The 1964 album, ‘Wednesday Morning, 3 AM,’ was a analytical and bartering flop, but one of the advance was The Sound Of Silence, which was appear as a distinct the afterward year and went to No 1 beyond the world.
“The Sound of Silence meant a lot, because it started out with the words ‘Hello darkness’ and this was Black singing, the guy who apprehend to me afterwards I alternate to Columbia blind,” says Sandy.
Simon & Garfunkel went on to accept four accident albums, with hits including Mrs. Robinson, The Boxer, and Bridge Over Troubled Waters.
Amazingly, Sandy went on to amazing success as an inventor, entrepreneur, investor, presidential adviser, and philanthropist. The ancestor of three, who launched a $3 actor award-winning to acquisition a cure for blindness, has consistently banned to use a white pikestaff or adviser dog.
“I don’t appetite to be ‘the dark guy’,” he says. “I capital to be Sandy Greenberg, the animal being.”
Six decades afterwards the two men abide best friends, and Garfunkel credits Sandy with transforming his life.
With Sandy, “my absolute activity emerged,” says the singer. “I became a bigger guy in my own eyes and began to see who I was – somebody who gives to a friend.
“I bloom to acquisition myself aural his dimension. My acquaintance is the gold accepted of decency.”
Says Sandy: “I am the luckiest man in the world.”
* * *
Yes, a man with such a friend, is the luckiest man in the world, but alone because of the air of others below his wings. Acquisition a friend. Far better, be one.
Syleena Johnson I Cut My Hair Lyrics – syleena johnson i cut my hair lyrics
| Delightful to help my personal weblog, on this time I’ll demonstrate regarding keyword. Now, this can be a initial graphic:
Why not consider graphic over? is actually in which amazing???. if you think and so, I’l d provide you with a few picture yet again below:
So, if you would like receive these incredible images about (Syleena Johnson I Cut My Hair Lyrics), click save icon to store these graphics to your laptop. They’re prepared for down load, if you like and want to take it, click save logo on the page, and it will be immediately downloaded in your computer.} At last if you’d like to obtain new and the recent photo related with (Syleena Johnson I Cut My Hair Lyrics), please follow us on google plus or bookmark this site, we try our best to offer you regular update with fresh and new pictures. Hope you enjoy keeping here. For most upgrades and recent news about (Syleena Johnson I Cut My Hair Lyrics) shots, please kindly follow us on twitter, path, Instagram and google plus, or you mark this page on bookmark area, We try to present you up-date periodically with all new and fresh photos, enjoy your exploring, and find the ideal for you.
Thanks for visiting our site, contentabove (Syleena Johnson I Cut My Hair Lyrics) published . At this time we’re excited to declare we have found an awfullyinteresting contentto be reviewed, that is (Syleena Johnson I Cut My Hair Lyrics) Some people looking for details about(Syleena Johnson I Cut My Hair Lyrics) and definitely one of them is you, is not it?